miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2009

Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight


The second song in my album is Enter Sandman, from the American Trash Metal band Metallica. It comes from one of their most famous albums, Metallica. This song is important to me because it is my favorite song from one of my favorite bands. Metallica for me was the gate to listening new music and not just what the major stations dared to broadcast.

Once, a friend of mine was trying to tag people with what he thought was the music that may represent each one. I was quite pleased when he said that he identified me with "Enter Sandman".

The lyric is about a character in European folclore. He is the sandman, or Morpheus, who delivers dreams to the people, but is not able to have own dreams. In the song, the interpretation of this leyend is twisted in a rather scary way. The Sandman is depicted as a man that delivers nightmares. I think that Metallica explores in a superb way the duality of this character that at first sight looks so good.

The song may be even based in a short movie, called The Sandman, in which the character is presented as a horrible and cruel animal.

Here is the short movie:



And this it the video of the song:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario