miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2009

Walls of Isengard face the northern winds


The first song I'd like to present is called "Forked Height", from the Finnish metal band Battlelore. And why did i choose this one. Actually, because the band in general talk in all their songs about passages in Tolkien's books. As you could have imagined by the image in the cover, I love Tolkien's fiction. Since it has been a constant in almost all my life, well, I decided to publish this song.


The song is kind of an hymn to an important place in The Lord of the Rings: Isengard, the Gondorian fortress that Saruman the white ocuppied and that later on became his fortress in the war against Rohan.

To be honest, it is not one of my favorite songs. Actually, the band has a mediocre sound, but the album this song comes from, Songs of the Sword, is their best work. It has a good structure and the female clean vocals are really good (even though the male growlings are not the best I've heard in my life).

Below is the video with the song, please try to ignore the video, I couldn't get another version of the song in a streaming media




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario